Friday, January 18, 2008

Ginataang Kalabasa

I am dreaming of typical ginitaang kalabasa right now. Although i ate so many different kinds of food today but seems i'm not satisfy with those. I sent hubby two times today to different store and drive thru places to get me food but still i'm hungry and looking for food. This pinay basically looking for typical ginitaang kalabasa. I'm not pregnant, i'm not ready yet to have another one. I'm just craving ordinary filipino food. So, since i can't get no ginitaang kalabasa to any places here i might cook me here afterwards. Looking that picture below makes me crazy and wanted to eat it right now. I wish mama is here to cook..hehehe!

1 kilo squash, cut into cubes (1"x1")
1/4 kilo shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 pieces tomatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of ginger root, crushed and minced
4 tablespoons of cooking or olive oil
2 pieces long chilli peppers
2 tablespoons of shrimp paste (bagoong)
2 cups coconut milk
1 cups coconut cream (katang gata)
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons of fish sauce (patis)


Methods on Preparation:
On a big pan, heal oil. Sauté garlic, onions until light brown then add ginger, cook until onions become translucent.

Add the tomatoes, squash, chicken stock, shrimp paste and the coconut milk. Let boil then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the squash becomes tender.

Add the coconut cream, long chilli peppers and the shrimps. Bring again to a boil and simmer for a few more minutes.

Serve hot with plain rice.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

waaahhh..ang daya~ siya lagn ang kumain ng ginataan, wala bang natira para sa akin? hehehe...it's my favorite food sis...basta ginataan kahit ano pa yan...yummy!

btw sis! thanks for your vote, because of you my blog won the best blog award. thank you so much!

have a nice weekend!

ahib0205 said...

num2.. i want to try this when i go home but i want to make more sweet :P.. thanks for sharing friends.. er.. cool template! :)

Yoolees said...

Yummy.. I like ginatang kalabasa.. Too bad ako lang may gusto sa bahay kaya di masyado niluluto.. sa labas lng ako nakakatikim...

Hye
Space of Reality

Jazevox said...

OMG! this is my fave, Mama used to cooked this for me, been years since I have one, sigh

Liz said...

Uy masarap yan at favorite ng mga kids ko. Thanks for stopping by my site, sige i link na kita pati na rin dito sa blog na ito ;) TC

A Simple Life
http://mlizcochico.com

moms..... check nyo
http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com